Ariel Atom Experience: Coming to a city (maybe) near you
At a few select tracks around the country, only 14 drivers a day will get seat time in an Ecotec-powered Ariel Atom 2, along with professional driving instructors personally teaching you how best to handle them. Other amenities include gourmet lunch, in-car video and photographers capturing that aer-to-ear grin on your face for all eternity. All this is included in the low price of, uh, well, we don't know yet. The Ariel Atom Experience Web site omits any mention of cost, though it does make clear a 50% deposit is due at the time of booking, which makes us think that a day in an a tiny Atom will take a lot of little Benjamins.
To see a list of tracks and dates, click through to the jump.
Thanks for the tip, Eric!
So far, this is the list of the U.S. tracks hosting the Experience:
- Miller Sportsranch in Tooele, Utah – Aug. 6-9 and Aug. 21-24
- Autobahn in Joliet, Ill. – Sept. 13-16
- Motorsports Ranch in Cresson, Texas – Sept. 24-27
- Willow Springs in Rosamond, Calif. – Oct. 23-25
- Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch in Pahrump, Nev. – Oct. 29-Nov. 1
- Thunderhill in Willows, Calif. – Nov. 12-15
- Buttonwillow in Buttonwillow, Calif. – Dec. 5-7
Two Canadian tracks are also on the calendar.
- Shannonville Motorsports Park in Belleville, Ontario. – June 19-June21, June 25-June 28, July 3, July 5, July 9-12, July 16 and July 18
- Race City Speedway in Calgary, Alberta – July 30-Aug. 2
Autoblog accepts vehicle loans from auto manufacturers with a tank of gas and sometimes insurance for the purpose of evaluation and editorial content. Like most of the auto news industry, we also sometimes accept travel, lodging and event access for vehicle drive and news coverage opportunities. Our opinions and criticism remain our own — we do not accept sponsored editorial.
- Spy shots automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: BMW i8 and i3 CrossFade Edition in Paris, upgraded Atieva electric van races againWatch Video