Will the Tesla WhiteStar be a battery powered Ford Fusion?
This seems like a highly unlikely proposition, since the platform seems ill-suited to carrying the quantity of batteries that would be required to provide what Tesla has promised. On the other hand, the amount of investment in the plant and the in car also doesn't seem correspond to the cost of developing and building a new ground-up vehicle in the volumes they have talked about. It seems probable that WhiteStar will be based on an existing vehicle, but the choice of New Mexico is more likely due to the financial incentives that NM Governor and presidential candidate Bil Richardson was willing to cough up than anything else. My buddy Ray has more at the Read link.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies