BMW to add a diesel to the 6-series coupe lineup
It looks like BMW will expanding their diesel lineup to the 6-series coupe. Car magazine is reporting that the twin-turbo six cylinder oil burner will be installed in the big BMW coupe. The car is expected to be launched later this year, and the Frankfurt Motor Show seems like a likely place for a debut. The 3.0L engine generates 272 hp and 413 lb-ft of torque which will be handy in the 2-ton two-door. The new engine should be accompanying a mid-cycle refresh for the big GT. American drivers will be seeing the same engine in the 5-series and X5 next year, although there's no indication of whether we will see the 6-series diesel.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models