ABG POLL RESULTS: Powertrain Technologies
After receiving 447 votes, the results are in and it looks like plug-in electric with petrol range extending - such as the E-Flex Chevy Volt was the clear favourite. Two other powertrain technologies fought it out for second place, Clean diesel and Diesel-electric hybrid. The rest of the field was further back.
Analysis: I'm doubtful diesel will have such a strong showing in two years. Perhaps what we need then is a plug-in electric with diesel range extending - a clean diesel take on the GM E-Flex platform if you will.
Be sure to vote in our next poll - The best way to spend the DOE's money
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models