Eaton will start production of hybrid drive system for medium duty trucks
The Eaton system is a parallel setup, that includes an automatically control manual transmission, 44kW motor with 420 Nm, and a 2kWh lithium ion battery pack. The variation set up for utility service vehicles also includes auxiliary power generation, and power take-off. The engine is connected to the motor via a clutch and always runs during operation, to power the non-electrical accessories. The motor and battery drive the transmission. When the battery gets low, the clutch connects the engine to the motor, to charge the battery and drive the vehicle.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models