Experts say biodiesel needs to clean up its act
Speaking at the National Biodiesel Conference in San Antonio, the panel of experts noted the progress ethanol has made in winning over consumers. There were concerns in the early days of "gasahol" production that prompted many consumers to reject alternative fuels. One survey says 19 percent of vehicle owners refuse to use ethanol because of gasahol flashbacks. But through education and more vehicles suited for E85, ethanol is winning over consumers. More biodiesel outlets and advanced technology in diesel engines will also help.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies