Ford earns two IIHS Top Safety Picks for Edge and MKX
The Ford Fusion, meanwhile, didn't come close to earning a Top Safety Pick last year when 2006 models and pre-production 2007 were tested, but Ford asked the IIHS to test the car again after a few changes were made including side airbags becoming standard equipment and alterations to the door trim and floorpan. This time the Fusion earned a "good" rating for both front and side impacts, but only earned a marginal rating for rear impacts. Since ESC isn't even an option on the Fusion, a Top Safety Pick was out of the question anyway. The same front impact rating also apply to the Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKZ, but the MKZ won't share the same side impact rating since it uses different door trim than the other two models. .
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies