Scooters in Australia save fuel but generate problems
Scooter sales are booming in Australia as riders seek easier parking and better fuel economy. But now officials are concerned that too many riders have no experience and don't follow simple safety rules. Apparently scooter riders aren't required to follow the same licensing procedures as motorcyclists. Hospital officials also see a sudden jump in scooter-related injuries. Government officials say they'll crack down on lawbreakers and consider stricter licensing.
[Source: Paul Weston / The Sunday Mail]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies