Lexus building only 1,000 IS-F for U.S. market
Autoweek reported the news in two issues back, although production numbers weren't mentioned in the Lexus press release when the IS-F debuted in Detroit.
As a reminder, the Lexus IS-F sedan is powered by a 5.0-liter V8, matched to an eight-speed, paddle-shifted transmission, good for sprints to 60 in a tic under five seconds. We've already discussed the aesthetic, um, challenges that the IS-F presents, but if BMW doesn't decide to offer a four-door version of its new M3, enthusiasts will at least have another option.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video