Click on the image for a high-res gallery of photos of this car
1954 EMW 327/3 - #6721 No Sale
No, it's not a typo. It's an E-M-W. Like all of the MW cars built at the Eisenach factory before the war, the 327 was labeled an EMW. Production was halted during the war but restarted in 1945, and by 1950 the company started another run of the prewar 327 convertibles and coupes. This coupe happens to be number 144 of just 152 closed cars built out of a total run of 500 coupes and convertibles combined. With a 57-horsepower 1,971cc 6-cylinder, it might be hard to think of this as an ultimate driving machine, but for 1954, that was more than adequate to give this gorgeous coupe splendid performance. This particular 327 is an all numbers matching car, that underwent a full restoration by Bart in Holland in 2006.
[Source: Russo and Steele]