Brunei National Petroleum looks to partner with the Philippines on biofuels
PNOC president Pedro Aquino Jr. has discussed biofuels development with the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics, especially in regards to the feedstocks of sweet sorghum for ethanol production, and jatropha curcas for biodiesel.
Analysis: Biofuels represent a huge opportunity to emerging economies to enhance their agricultural sector, and the lives of their farmers, while reducing costly oil imports. The Philippines in particular has shown a great willingness to pursue a biofuels strategy as an opportunity to encourage poor farmers not to fell forest timbers to escape poverty.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies