Zap! about to join Tesla with Lotus-designed electric cars?
The details of the deal are that Lotus Engineering is working on a feasibility study for Zap! to develop "a number" of new electric cars. The idea is to integrate major components, like new motor designs, controllers, batteries and charging systems to build a stylish EV with maximum consumer appeal. Lotus technical centers in Hethel, UK, Ann Arbor, Michigan, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, will be involved in the study.
I'm not sure how this relates to the news from Obvio! (of Brazil) late last month that it had picked Lotus Engineering to help develop two new microsports cars. Obvio!'s distribution partner in North America is Zap! We'll try and find out.
Just-Auto (subs req'd)]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models