College students develop biodiesel programs as part of Ecomagination Challenge
The Vanderbilt project is also designed to operate without electricity from the grid, noting that coal plants generate power to the university. On an interesting note, MIT's annual energy bill is $50 million. That alone should prompt alternative fuel research at the school. Some of the other top-10 finalist projects include holistic composting, solar-powered trash compactor and a human power plant. The winning team gets a $25,000 grant and exposure on mtvU.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies