Congress loves biofuels forever. Will biodiesel and ethanol credits become permanent?
Biodiesel hasn't been forgotten, with the current $1 per-gallon biodiesel tax credit and the 10 cent-per-gallon biodiesel producer income tax credit for small agri-biodiesel producers planned to be permanently extended as well. The $1 per-gallon excise tax amounts to a penny per percentage point of agri-biodiesel, that is biodiesel produced from "first-use" feedstocks such as virgin vegetable oils or animal fats, blended with petroleum diesel.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models