Radical semis by Luigi Colani
Colani's recent projects involving aerodynamic big rig cabs are said to cut fuel consumption by 30% and feature such unique details as round windshields with a central hub three-spoke wiper system. Looks like a huge Mercedes-Benz logo on the glass, which is oddly appropriate here. You see, this particular truck starts life as a Mercedes and uses a turbocharged, direct injection, 12.6-liter, 6-cylinder diesel. With these tweaks, power rises from 381 hp to 530 hp. Hot rod hauling in its most sensational form.
You can find a lot more of Colani's creations here, here, and especially here.
[Source: Hybrid Car News via AB Green]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies