Nextant study concludes biodiesel is a transitionary technology
These conclusions are based on integrated thermochemical biomass-to-liquids (BTL) technologies supplanting traditional biofuels produced from sugar cane, corn, soy and canola, amongst others. BTL technologies are expected to be used in conjunction with hybrid electric drive systems to increase efficiency. Conflict over crop use for biofuels instead of food is expected to hasten the transition to BTL technologies with several biofuels crops increasing in price just in the last six months leading to a search for cheaper alternatives.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models