How the GM mild hybrid drive-train works
Auto Electronics magazine has good rundown of the mild hybrid system in the Saturn Vue and Aura Green Line models. The system basically functions like a battery powered turbo-charger, providing some extra oomph to the engine when needed. The motor is not connected directly to the drive-line, but does seem to provide some decent improvement in economy, while keeping complexity to a minimum. How close is this system to the one in new plug-in hybrid GM is showing off in a few days? Stay tuned.
[Source: Auto Electronics]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies