Biofuels conference highlights dependence on subsidies
Also mentioned at the conference was the need for biofuel certification criteria based on the actual feedstock used, and the impact biofuels are having on food production. It was said that sometime in 2007 world biodiesel consumption is expected to outstrip world soybean production, and also in 2007, US corn for ethanol consumption will again outstrip US corn exports.
Clearly biofuels have a lot of significant challenges in the year's to come. Although if crude oil prices were to hit $115 a barrel, biofuel producers would have a bonanza.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies