Christmas has come and gone, and after a long journey Santa's herd of Porsche Caymans is now parked back in the jolly fat man's climate controlled garage. If you're like us, however, there's always one or two gifts we wanted that didn't find their way into the back of Santa's sleigh, so we're going to give you the chance to complete your family's Christmas with the Autoblog After Christmas Contest. Through the end of the week, we'll be giving away three prizes that we hope will erase your memories of gifts that were never gotten. Our bag of goodies includes a media gift pack with two books for the kids, R is for Race and When Henry Ford Met Santa, as well as something for the adults, a DVD copy of Grand Theft Auto: Tricked Out Edition, Ron Howard's directorial debut. The second prize is a complete set of heirloom quality Automoblox toy cars, and our grand prize is a Fisher Price Power Wheels Jeep Hurricane.
We're kicking off the sweepstakes today with the media pack shown at right, courtesy of Sleeping Bear Press and Roger Corman, the self-ascribed Reigning King of Independant Films. and entering is simple. All you need to do is leave a comment on this post telling us the one present you always wanted and never got from St. Nick. We'll accept entries for this first drawing for 24 hours, or until 2:59PM EST on Wednesday, December 26th. At that time we'll randomly select a winner from the entries and announce who it is, as well as give you the details on entering the drawing for our second prize.
Here are the basic rules:
- You can enter each of the three drawings once, but you can only win one prize
- You must be 18 years old to enter
- Winners must be a resident of the continental U.S. (we're working on broadening our reach for future sweepstakes, giveaways and contests)
- Prizes will be shipped after all drawings are completed.
THE AUTOBLOG AFTER CHRISTMAS SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Autoblog After Christmas Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of AOL LLC., Weblogs, Inc., Special Ops Media, Sleeping Bear Press, Freeman Public Relations, Automoblox, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, parent company, distributors, divisions and agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Weblogs, Inc., an AOL Company, 331 N. Maple Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 ("Sponsor").
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. TIMING: There will be three (3) separate drawings/Enter Periods during this event as detailed below:
- Entry Period No. 1: The entry time is from 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time on December 26, 2006 until 2:59 p.m, Eastern Time on December 29, 2006.
- Entry Period No. 2: The entry time is from 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time on December 27, 2006 until 2:59 p.m, Eastern Time on December 28, 2006.
- Entry Period No. 3: The entry time is from 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time on December 28, 2006 until 2:59 p.m, Eastern Time on December 29, 2006.
5. HOW TO ENTER: Visit www.autoblog.com and complete all information requested on the entry form. Limit one (1) entry per person allowed, per daily drawing.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS: There will be three (3) total prizes awarded during this Sweepstakes. At or about 3:00 p.m., Eastern Time on December 27, 28 and 29, 2006, Sponsor will select the name of one (1) Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during each Entry Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. In the event the potential winner of any prize is a Canadian resident, he/she will be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical question to receive the prize.
7. NOTIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER: Potential Winner will be contacted via email immediately following the drawing. Entrant who is notified that his/her entry was selected in the random drawing is a Potential Winner. Potential Winner is not a Winner until he/she has returned all required documentation and his/her eligibility has been verified by Sponsor. Potential Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
8. PRIZES: One (1) Daily Winner will receive one (1) of the following prizes.
- A Grand Theft Auto, DVD (ARV $25)
- When Henry Ford Met Santa, book (ARV $20)
- R is For Race, book (ARV $20)
- An Automoblox Complete Set (ARV $175)
- A FISHER PRICE POWER WHEELS JEEP HURRICANE (ARV $400)
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes if any fraud or other problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. RELEASE: Winner agrees that Sponsor and its respective partners, sponsors, agencies, officers, directors, employees, attorneys, affiliates and subsidiaries, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever, and will be held harmless by Winners, for any liability for injuries, losses or damage (including reasonable attorneys fees) of any kind, including death, arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or the Prize. By entering, participants acknowledge that Sponsor has not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Sweepstakes or the Prize.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
13. SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: Sweepstakes results may be obtained by sending a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Autoblog After Christmas Sweepstakes, Weblogs, Inc., 331 N. Maple Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210. All requests must be received by January 12, 2007.