Ormat develops new biodiesel formula that can run in all diesel engines
Ormat Technologies is a Nevada based geothermal energy company that is one of the biggest in the field. According to Treehugger, their R&D facility in Yavne, Israel has developed a new biodiesel formula. The difference with this fuel is that it can apparently be used in any diesel engine without modification in blends all the way up to 100 percent. They are expecting the fuel to be available for sale in about two years. Ormat is spending about $13.5 million on development of the fuel and another $35-50 million on construction of a production facility. Although it's not specified, presumably they are also planning to geothermal energy in the production process.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models