Chery recalls 1,875 SUVs
Chery, founded in 1997, had its first domestic recall in 2005 to repair its Eastar sedans. It marked the first recall ever by a local Chinese car maker.
Some analysts are saying that the recalls are a good sign Chery, and the emerging Chinese auto industry, is more prepared to take on the international market. Only since 2004 has China had laws regulating its auto industry, forcing its car makers to improve the quality and safety of Chinese-produced cars.
Read the entire recall notice translated from Chinese here.
[Source: Auto Industry]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.