NEC in talks to partner with Nissan on lithium ion batteries
Currently, Nissan purchases components for their newly-announced hybrid Altima from Toyota, and licenses certain technologies from them. The proposed venture with NEC would allow Nissan to use their own technology, and have a competing system separate from Toyota. Nissan is the second-largest automaker in Japan, after Toyota.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies