Venturi to launch production of wind/solar Eclectic in June 2007
Monaco based car-maker Venturi showed off a peculiar little machine at last September's Paris Auto Show called the Eclectic. The Eclectic is a three seater that resembles a twenty-first century rendition of a nineteenth century carriage. The roof is covered by solar cells and there is also a mast with a wind turbine to help charge the batteries. Venturi is apparently doing a pilot run of 20 samples right now, and plans to start limited series production in June 2007. The first batch of 200 examples will cost €24,000 each. A further larger production run will be available starting in 2009, with each costing €15,000. The Eclectic is an interesting vehicle although side impact protection seems to have been neglected.
- Great cars with manual transmissions
- Ford GT production extended by two years
- Find the right minivan with our Car Finder tool
- Honda reveals Civic hatch
- The Scaldarsi Emperor I is one hideous Maybach
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!