Venturi to launch production of wind/solar Eclectic in June 2007
Monaco based car-maker Venturi showed off a peculiar little machine at last September's Paris Auto Show called the Eclectic. The Eclectic is a three seater that resembles a twenty-first century rendition of a nineteenth century carriage. The roof is covered by solar cells and there is also a mast with a wind turbine to help charge the batteries. Venturi is apparently doing a pilot run of 20 samples right now, and plans to start limited series production in June 2007. The first batch of 200 examples will cost €24,000 each. A further larger production run will be available starting in 2009, with each costing €15,000. The Eclectic is an interesting vehicle although side impact protection seems to have been neglected.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX