• Dec 16, 2006
Next time you smash your ride into something, just blame it on the stars. Tell the cop Mercury was in retrograde, causing your driving to follow suit and thus leading to the crash of your Mercury. Watch out if you're an Aries with an Aries - that's a dangerous thing to be.

InsuranceHotline.com, a Canadian website that provides insurance quotes to drivers, conducted a study correlating accident rates to zodiac signs. You'd think age and ability would hold more water, but apparently astrology trumps even changing zip codes when determining how prone a particular driver is to accidents. Libras are the worst, followed by Aquarians. The best were Leos and Geminis. As for that Aries, they have a "me first" attitude that leads them into bad juju. If InsuranceHotline's study is accurate, it appears that everyone on the road is an Aries.

[Source: Reuters via scotsman.com]


I'm reporting this comment as:

Reported comments and users are reviewed by Autoblog staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week to determine whether they violate Community Guideline. Accounts are penalized for Community Guidelines violations and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination.


    • 1 Second Ago
  • 15 Comments
      • 8 Years Ago
      Speaking of ...
      • 8 Years Ago
      I'm a Leo. I have put so many cars in the graveyard, both on the track, and off, that I can't remember how many there have been. In life it's said that 90% of everything is sh*t, and the other 10% is used to wipe it up. So go's astrology, and the studies like this. I can just see the insurance companies using THIS to up your rates.
      • 8 Years Ago
      My ex-girlfriend was a gemini....and she ran into parked cars....twice. If aries are worse, then damn!
      • 8 Years Ago
      Hmm, better consult that table before I buy an LP640, eh?
      • 8 Years Ago
      I'm an Aries and my nick is "Crash"
      • 8 Years Ago
      What part of "Libras are the worst, followed by Aquarians" did the author of this blog piece, as well as all the commentators, NOT understand? Has everyone forgotten how to read?

      Anyhow, I'm very heavily into Astrology, and would just like to comment that the sun sign is such an infinitesimally small part of a person's astrological story, that trying to guess *anything* based solely off that one bit of data is like trying to guess someone's religious beliefs based solely on the color of their socks.
      • 8 Years Ago
      To all the folks saying this is bogus because they have never gotten in a wreak, the follow up question is but how many wreaks have you CAUSED!

      I know someone like this that have never gotten in a wreak, but its only because the other people paying attention are having to do all the accident avoidence measures while they continue along talking or messing with the dials totally oblivious to the mayham they are creating.

      :)
      • 8 Years Ago
      Hi, I know I'm late to the party here, but I'd just like to tell SouthernMyst that you're wasting tons of precious time on bunk like astrology. There is absolutely no truth to astrolgoy, what-so-ever, not even a little bit I'm sorry, but you're deluding yourself.
      Here's a beautifully written blow-by-blow dismantling of astrology by one of the world's most well known skeptics.
      http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/astrology.html
      Colin
      • 8 Years Ago
      that is bull because I am a Libra and I am a rally car driver and an AA driver!
      • 8 Years Ago
      lol, I've gotten into too many stupid accidents to support the Gemini theory. Of course I've stopped driving like an idiot, so the accidents have also stopped with it.

      If this insurance companies takes their own study seriously I know which company deserves to go bankrupt, lol.
      • 8 Years Ago
      BULLSHIT MY ARIES ASS!

      I have never been in an accident and don't intend to be. Only once was a pulled over for speeding and the judge let me off because of my excellent driving record.
      • 8 Years Ago
      I KNEW IT!


      (Gemini, har har)
    • Load More Comments