Alt Car Expo: $70,000 Spyder EV teaser video
Tomorrow Universal Electric Vehicle Corp. will unveil the Electrum Spyder. While we know a lot of the specs of this sleek electric vehicle, the pictures we've had on AutoblogGreen are not of the car that's being revealed tomorrow. I spoke with Diana Lane, the President and CEO of UEV, today about the unveiling. You can watch a minute-long video of Lane talking preview. Not included in the clip are a few more details of the start of production (July '07) and the fact that the first models will be delivered later that month or perhaps August. Lane said 17 Spyders have been reserved so far, even though Saturday will be the first day when UEV will officially take orders. 150-mile range Spyders with nickel zinc batteries will cost an estimated $70,000. Optional lithium-ion batteries will add about $30,000 to the cost and about double the range.
UPDATE: See the Spyder in its own video here.
- Acura scores lowest in customer satisfaction
- The BMW M4 is spied with a massive wing
- Find the right minivan with our Car Finder tool
- Hybrids make poor financial sense for buyers
- The Grand Tour's legal fracas with Top Gear
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!