Electrum Spyder to be demoed at Santa Monica Alt Car Expo this weekend
While the Tesla is based on the chassis of the Lotus Elise, the Spyder appears to a ground up design. Top speed is regulated to 80 mph and UEV claims a range of 70-150 miles on the nickel zinc batteries. With the lithium batteries they are claiming a range of up to 300 miles. Acceleration is estimated at 7 seconds for the 0-60mph run. While the Tesla has an aluminum chassis, this one has a steel chassis and fiberglass body. The UEV website also has a video of the Spyder in action.
[Source: Universal Electric Vehicle with a tip from Fabrizio]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies