European Commission Cranks Down Carbon Caps 7%
So far most of the EU states are ahead of their current targets and have credits available, but under the new caps, most will not have enough credits and will have to make further cuts in emissions. There is an emissions credit trading program in place as part of Kyoto, but it only covers industrial emissions not transportation. Further cuts will be required by everyone in order to meet the total caps that are part of the Kyoto.
[New Scientist via TreeHugger]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video