UQM Technologies shows off electric chevy Silverado at EDTA Conference
The truck uses a 160 hp UQM motor, that produces 480 ft-lbs of torque and is powered by lithium-ion battery pack. The battery pack is supplied by Valence Technology and the drive-train has a peak efficiency of 96 percent. The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) conference is running from November 28-30 and Jon Lutz, UQM Technologies' Director of Engineering will also be participating in a panel discussion on "Beyond Cars: Building Sustainability into Heavy & Medium Duty Markets, Mass Transit and Off-Road Vehicles" on Thursday, November 30, 2006 at 9:00 a.m. AutoBlogGreen lead Sebastian Blanco is attending the conference will be providing on-the-ground reports in the next few days.
[Source: UQM Techologies via TheAutoChannel]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies