Bricklin loves Chery, but wants to see others
Autoblog spoke via email to a Visionary Vehicles spokesperson Wednesday night who said Bricklin has met with 12 Chinese manufacturers and hopes to narrow his list to three early next year. One of those should be Chery. The spokesperson said those three will produce Visionary Vehicles cars in China. Autoweek says their sources suggest The First Automobile Works Group, Shanghai Automotive Industry and Geely are also in the running.
The fate of the 25 or so who signed up to sell Chery autos in the U.S. is unknown.
[Sources: Autoweek; The Wall Street Journal via Car and Driver]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models