Lutz says GM open to alliance with Ford
Does this mean GM and Ford are talking merger? Not likely, but it could mean more cooperation in the future, like the co-developed 6-speed transmission being used in Ford's Edge and Saturn's Aura.
Lutz also said GM was still open to working with Renault-Nissan despite a recent report saying Renault-Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn was no longer interested in talking to U.S. automakers about possible alliances.
[Source: SonntagsZeitung via Reuters]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies