New book has 1912 photo of electric-car charging
Nestled in a new book called "Historic Photos of Cincinnati" is a 1912 shot of a woman plugging in her electric car. There nearly 200 archival photographs gathered from a variety of sources that covers the Cincinnati area from the Civil War. They were compiled by Linda Bailey, a reference librarian for the Cincinnati Historical Society Library. While the book features famous residents, celebrity visitors and well-known landmarks, there are also shots of ordinary people in their everyday lives. "We can see where we have been and where we are going," says Bailey. Interesting project and very cool photo. If anyone know what model of electric vehicle is shown, I'd sure like to know!
[Source: Jan Perry/Cincinnati Post]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies