GM discounts on their way
This "Red Tag" event is using the slogan "See some red, save some green." 2006 models currently make up 20% of GM's million-vehicle inventory, according to GM spokesman John McDonald. The discounts will be available on Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, GMC and Saturn vehicles. The promotion ends on Jan. 2.
Incentives have always been a bit of a double-edged sword for automakers. They are often needed to give sales a little push or to match competitors' offers, but the recurring use of them often leads to a "damaged goods" image for the vehicles. McDonald acknowledged this but said GM's incentives have dropped by $660 per vehicle compared to last year. That still puts GM about $400 ahead of the industry average for incentives.
[Source: The Detroit News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies