Global warming, not electric cars on Oscar shortlist
Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth" advanced to the next round of Oscar consideration, but "Who Killed the Electric Car?" was left at the charging station. Just over 80 movies qualified for the Documentary Feature category and 15 moved on to the next round. Members of the Documentary Branch will select five nominees from the shortlist, and one will eventually win the Academy Award. The Iraq war apparently touched a nerve with the judges as other well-reviewed documentaries such as "The U.S. vs. John Lennon" and "Sketches of Frank Gehry" failed to make the cut.
[Source: Mark Olsen, LA Times]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies