Fake it till you make it: Chinese Cadillac clone
Pictured here might be the Chinese-made Marindo 506 from Shanghai Maple. Due to major language barriers, it's hard to tell if this is a past model or one soon to be introduced. What is evident is the definite influence by Cadillac's art and science design philosophy, probably not used with Ed Wellburn's permission.
But from photos found on the Maple website, their current design language is a tribute to yet another luxury marque.
(More photos after the jump)
These are current Maple models, though which one isn't clear. Can you guess what German company with the four-ring logo inspired this car's designer?
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video