BMW diesels coming to North America in 2008, starting with the 535d
Winding Road claims the strategy is to bring over all the six-cylinder diesels, starting with the 5-series. The real difficulty lies in getting the diesels ready for the stricter diesel emissions laws that kick in in 2009. Looks like Mercedes' push to get their BlueTec 320s onto showroom floors this year is having an effect. Also, Audi will announce at the NAIAS in January that Audi vehicles with VW's TDI diesel engines in them should be here by 2008. All right, feel free to get back to your bemoaning now.
[Source: Winding Road via our friends at Autoblog]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies