Isuzu sticks with GM for DuraMax diesel engine joint-venture
This caused the Japanese newspaper Nihon Keizai Shimbun to report that Isuzu was asking GM to sell their stake in the DMAX and another venture in Poland to Toyota. Today, both Isuzu and Toyota denied the report and in fact said that the issue had not even been discussed. The Japanese paper's report did say that the plant would continue to supply engines to GM after a Toyota deal, which would be critical to GM's truck programs. GM CEO Rick Wagoner is in Tokyo today so it remains to be seen what will happen.
[Source: Automotive News - subscription required]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video