VIDEO: A legend is born
Calling the '57 Chevy Bel Air an icon is like acknowledging that the sky's blue. It's just plainly obvious. Recognizable by folks aged 8 to 80, the '57 Chevy stirs up all sorts of emotions. Those of a certain age are mentally thrown back to the time when it was new, while the younger romantics among us fret not being around during those glory days.
But what was it really like when it first came out? How did Chevy sell it to the American people? Click the "play" icon for those answers, and settle in for nineteen seconds of history being made as you watch the birth of an automotive legend.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video