SEMA: 34 inches of wheel wonderment
Every year at SEMA I look for the largest wheel I can find, and every year the diameters get a little larger. This year I found a 34-inch Lexani rim in the Asanti booth. It's so big that any vehicle shod with a set will be resigned to forever travelling in a straight line.
These giant wheels are so impractical that we've often wondered what people do when they pop one of their pretty low-profile tires. Thanks to Asani, now we know. Unfortunately, the tailgate-mounted spare probably exceeds the H2's maximum payload, which means throwing some groceries in the back might bend the frame.
Follow the jump for some more shots of Asanti's booth.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video