So, what's better than a hotted up Solstice in the affordable domestic, rear-wheel drive roadster category? It's a small category, we know, with only two members: the aforementioned Solstice and its mechanical twin, the Saturn Sky. We tend to prefer the looks of the Sky, quite frankly, and we're also of the belief that more power is rarely a bad thing. The Gravana "Tuning Turbo" Saturn Sky has a pretty long name for such a small car, but it's fortunately also long on horsepower.
Gravana added a Hahn Racecraft 16G intercooled stage 3 turbocharger to the Sky's 2.4L Ecotec engine, resulting in nothing short of 348 horsepower and 341 lb.-ft. of torque. Who needs a V-8? Well, V-8s do have some advantages, but this much power from a turbo four, with its lighter weight leaving handling relatively unaffected, makes a lot of sense here.
Follow the jump for more info on the Tuning Turbo Sky and a gallery of pics.
Adjustable coil-over-shocks have been added to push handling even further forward, as a matter of fact. Stabilizer bars front and rear also help roadholding ability. And the system can even lower the vehicle by as much as 3 inches, while keeping the same spring rate. Upgraded 14-inch drilled and slotted front brake rotors, with four-piston calipers, help scrub off the extra speed that bigger turbo will generate.
On the outside, carbon fiber accents, revised front and rear fascias and vertical-opening doors make this stand out from the crowd. Well, actually they make it fit in perfectly in this crowd. OZ Superleggera III 19-inch wheels help complete the look.
More carbon fiber can be found inside on the console and dash, along with Katzkin leather and suede, seven Boston Acoustics premium speakers and a Visteon eight-channel DSP 360-watt amplifier. Pretty nice concept. Maybe ditch the doors. More pics and specs after the jump.
- 2.4L Ecotec ported/tuned engine
- Hahn Racecraft 16G intercooled stage 3 turbo
- 348 horsepower
- 341 lb.-ft. of torque
- Gravana Custom 3-inch downpipe and center exit exhaust
- Spec stage 3 clutch kit
- Spec billet aluminum flywheel
- Gravana damping and height-adjustable coil-over-shock suspension
- Gravana front and rear stabilizer bars
- OZ Superleggera III wheels: 19- x 8.5-in front / 19- x 9.5-in rear
- Goodyear Eagle F1 tires: 245/40R19 (front); 285/35R19 (rear)
- Fit and installation by Tire Rack
- Gravana-Wilwood big brake kit
- Gravana stainless steel brake lines
- Gravana/GM Design body kit
- Gravana/GM Design rear center exit exhaust tips
- Gravana carbon fiber functional hood vent inserts
- Gravana carbon fiber rear deck lid
- VDI vertical door kit
- Gravana carbon fiber console and dash components
- Katzkin leather and suede seat covers and door panels
- Seven Boston Acoustics premium speakers with tweeters and subwoofers
- Eight-channel Visteon DSP 360-watt amplifier
- Installation performed by J&G Customs