USPS to use digital maps to find more efficient delivery routes
The system is called the Carrier Optimal Routing (COR) solution and was developed by RouteSmart Technologies in partnership with the USPS. In addition to calculating the most efficient routes available, it has the ability to make route adjustments whenever necessary. RouteSmart's optimization algorithms take advantage of NAVTEQ's digital map system. Although the USPS does not reveal a launch date, they say the system will be deployed nationwide.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies