- Oct 26, 2006
Guess who's coming to Washington? White House to meet with the Big Two Point Five
During a radio interview, President Bush's political advisor Karl Rove confirmed that a discussion between GM, Ford and DaimlerChrysler would take place in mid-November. A specific date was not mentioned, mainly to allow the White House flexibility in it's scheduling.
A sit-down was originally planned in June of this year, with the conversation to center around health-care costs and alternative fuels. GM's Rick Wagoner and others in the industry have made it clear that a 'bailout' is not in the cards.
- Bush calls Bill Ford
- UAW chief flames Bush for failure to help automakers
- President set to address automakers, again
- Wagoner critical of fed's lack of action
- Bush and automakers delay meeting
- "Big 3" bigwigs headed to White House
- President Bush speaks out on GM & Ford difficulties
[Source: Automotive News (Sub. Req.) and Detroit Free Press]