Steve Fossett will attempt to break world speed record
The record attempt will take place sometime next year in the flatlands of Nevada, with Fossett behind the wheel of a 47-foot-long, 9,000-pound, jet-powered vehicle that produces over 45,000 HP. The engine will be sourced from an F-4 Phantom fighter, used by the U.S. Air Force.
Mr. Fossett is best known for his 116 world record-breaking feats, of which 76 stand to this day. Past forms of motivation include airplanes, balloons, gliders, sailboats and dog sleds.
[Source: International Herald Tribune]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models