VIDEO: The 10-second MINI
Way back in October of last year, you might recall seeing a post about Fireball Tim's flame surfaced (the paint, not the design) MINI dragster. At the time, the FTR MINI came out to the Los Angeles County Raceway and blew threw the 1,320 in 11.26 seconds with a trap speed of 121.1 MPH. He and his team mused that with a little more tweaking and the right venue, they could bring down their ET well within the ten-second realm. They've done just that and have the video to prove it.
Weighing in at one ton and shoveling copious quantities of compressed air into a relatively stock motor, Tim's team were able to consume the quarter in a scant 10.6 seconds at 128.5 MPH. The M600 continues to carry the destinction of the world's fastest new MINI and if you haven't already, be sure to check out Tim's blog here.
[Source: Motoring File]
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX