VIDEO: Kids! Gunplay! Dodge! It's the '64 Dart!
You know you're looking at something OLD old school when a commercial opens with a dad teaching junior how to nail that clay pigeon, whose explosive demise kicks off of the jaunty, swinging jingle for the '64 Dodge Dart. The voiceover's done by someone with a great game show announcer-type delivery, and he sells us on the plucky Dodge as we watch Mom, Dad and the kids enjoy a country drive, blissfully unencumbered by modern safety equipment and regulations.
Voiceover Man tells us that the Dart's "the new kind of compact in the large economy size." When we try to process that tagline our heads want to explode like the clay pigeon, so we're just going to sit back, click "watch again" and drink in the Americana.
This is way better than John Mellencamp selling trucks...
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX