VIDEO: "Ken and Mary's Skyline"
We don't know what we like most about this commercial. Is it the extremely spiffy metallic blue '72ish C110 Skyline GT? Is it the super-70s, ultra-mellow J-pop soundtrack? Or maybe it's that we find Ken & Mary to be just as irresistable today as the Japanese public apparently did in the 70s, when the commercial was a hit and the car was a big seller.
What is that they're doing on the beach, anyway? Carving wood? You decide.
Whatever the strategy behind it was, the "Ken & Mary" ad worked. We so want to go buy a 1970 Nissan Skyline now.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX