Spy Shots: Corvette SS / Z06 R / Z07 / Stingray caught!
According to the report given to Winding Road by Mr. Doane, the soundtrack to the new 'Vette confirms that something in the way of a supercharged 6.2-liter V8 resides under the hood, which is expected to easily produce power figures cresting the 650 HP mark. With that amount of power on tap, plus the extensive use of carbon fiber and polycarbonate panels that may reduce the overall weight to below 3,000 pounds, it's safe to assume that the "Blue Devil" will reach 60 in about three and a half seconds.
Winding Road asserts that the Z07 will be made available in late 2007 as a 2008 model, with a price expected to be in the $100,000 ballpark.
[Source: Winding Road]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models