Report: GM and Renault/Nissan end talks
The WSJ's source says that the chief executives of both companies, one Mr. Rick Wagoner and one Mr. Carlos Ghosn, terminated the talks themselves. Thus, if this report is true, then any possibility of an alliance forming between General Motors and Renault/Nissan is gone.
Word has it that Mr. Ghosn stopped for a Coney's chili dog in Dearborn on his way out of town, though. Hmmm... (We're kidding, we know for a fact chili gives Carlos gas.)
[Source: the WSJ via Reuters]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies