Low-cost Chen-Xu Method makes ethanol, plastics
Chen said that his method produces ethanol for less money than the wet-milling plant method, and equipment investment is less than in a dry-milling plant. The process also requires less water than wet milling and no sulfur dioxide. Bio Processing Technology Inc. has licensed The Chen-Xu method from the Purdue Research Foundation. , Along with ethanol, the method produces corn oil and other products such as zein, which can be used to make plastics. Seems like everything new is old again.
[Source: Renewable Energy Access]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies