Our Country, Our Truck: Vids debuted, no nukes
Late last night, the embargo on GM's new Silverado ad campaign was dropped and our friends over at the Jalop' were kind enough to let us in on all the glorious and controversial details.
Now that the actual ads are starting to break cover, we're finally getting a feel for how they, ummm, feel. Across the board, it's exactly what we expected from the new campaign, but it seems that certain images that were shown to the press earlier, didn't make it into the final spots we're seeing now. The two visuals that created the biggest stir involved a shot of the "Towers of Light" projecting from Ground Zero and an aerial shot of an atomic bomb explosion.
Jalopnik has the full explanation about what went down when they asked GM's PR flacks why the images were nixed at the 11th hour.
Make the jump to see the second video.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX