Toyota will increase Prius production 50 percent next year
The production increase is the next step in Toyota's goal to sell a million hybrids - Prius and otherwise - a year by 2010. The company will focus on sales or hybrids and standard vehicles in Brazil, Russia, India and China. Currently, Toyota makes most of the Prius in Japan and exports the hybrid to 40 countries or regions. To satisfy the production increase, two plants in Aichi Prefecture that make the Prius and other models will be switched over to Prius-only production.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video